Applying for Legal Aid
Legal Aid Ontario finances the following types of family law issues:
- Parents of children apprehended by the Children’s Aid Society;
- Victims of domestic assault;
- Parents seeking custody, access or support to their children;
- Spouses requesting spousal support;
- Division of net family property;
- Enforcement of a child support order by the Family Responsibility Office.
~Legal Aid Ontario only issues certificates to those in financial need. The financial needs test is based on the number of people involved (including the applicant, the opposing party and the children) and the applicant’s income.
The financial criteria, including the criteria for a Contribution Agreement, are located on this website: Legal Aid Criteria
To apply for Legal Aid, please call: 1-800-668-8258; press 0